2024-2025 Application Process
Thank you for your interest with Holy Spirit Catholic School. Please note that your child(ren) must be between the age of 3-6 years of age on or before September 1st in order to attend PK3, PK4, K5, or first grade. Furthermore, Holy Spirit Catholic School does not routinely accept 8th grade transfer students and if so it is at the discretion of the administration.
Admission into Holy Spirit Catholic School is selective. It is based on academic competence and personal potential within the Holy Spirit curriculum, considering information gained from past school records, standardized tests, pre-admission assessments, student questionnaires, and personal interaction. Admission and financial aid decisions are made without regard to race, sex, color, religion, or national or ethnic origin.
If you have any questions, please
do not hesitate to contact our
Director of Advancement and Admissions,
210.349.1169 ext. 8316
Application for Admission
APPLY: Complete the online application (click here for the application). A non-refundable application fee of $100.00 must accompany the completed application. The following forms (if applicable) must be uploaded during the application process:
- Copy of current Immunization Record
- Copy of the Birth Certificate (state-certified)
- Copy of Sacrament Certificates (Baptism, First Eucharist), if applicable
- Copy of the applicant's current year-to-date report card (K5-8th)
- Copy of the applicant's complete year-end report card from the previous year (K5-8th)
- Copy of applicant's standardized test scores from the last two years (examples include: NWEA, Iowa Assessment, Stanford Achievement, Terra Nova, STARR, etc.)
* Applications open for the new school year starting in August on the first Friday in January.
ASSESSMENT: As soon as an application and all the required documents are uploaded and the application fee is paid, the Admissions Department will review the application and records provided and will contact the parent/guardian to schedule the applicant's assessment. All PK4-8th grade students are assessed.
- PK4 and Kindergarten: readiness for PK4 and K5
- 1st-2nd Grades: Candidates are assessed on math and reading skills.
- 3rd-5th Grades: Candidates are assessed on math, reading, and writing skills.
- 6th-8th Grades: Candidates are assessed on math, reading, grammar, and writing skills.