Welcome to Campus Ministry at Holy Spirit Catholic School!
Maria Lourdes B. Sison-Abinsay, M.A.
(210) 349-1169 ext. 8321
Strong in the Face of Tribulation
Catholic Mass Online and Other Spiritual Resources
Online links for Mass:
Click here for YouTube channel and livestream of Mass.
History of The Chaplet of Divine Mercy:
Chaplet of Divine Mercy Prayer in Song (EWTN):
Urbi et Orbi with Pope Francis in Rome, Italy: Blessings amid Coronavirus Pandemic
Children’s Stations of the Cross/Way of the Cross (Animated EWTN):
The Holy Mass Explained to Children-EWTN
Catholic Sunday Mass Online with Children-March 15, 2020
Mass Preparation for March 22, 2020
Magnificat-Daily prayers, meditations, Mass and saints
Teaching Catholic Kids
What is the Church? An Explanation for Kids:
Archdiocese of San Antonio
USCCB Responds to CORONAVIRUS
Catholic Mass-Heart of the Nation
Catholic Campus Ministry in our country for over a century has been forming communities of faith which witness to the presence of the risen Christ. The National Conference of Catholic Bishops issued a Pastoral Letter regarding Campus Ministry on how to face the future by:
- Building up the faith community on campuses by bringing the message of Christ to the academic world
- Responding creatively to the promptings of the Spirit
- Promoting their well-being, the Church and society as a whole
Holy Spirit Catholic School-faculty, staff and parish family, is dedicated to providing excellence in education centered on the teachings of the Catholic faith. We will live this mission statement by forming the whole child.
Holy Spirit Catholic School Campus Ministry attempts to respond to this “call to holiness” through participation with the following:
- Daily school-wide morning prayer and catechesis
- Virtue development
- Daily staff Encouraging Words
- Weekly Mass (Wednesdays), Sunday “School Mass” and Holy day of obligation
- Altar Server (students)
- Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion (staff and parents)
- Sacristans, ushers, and hospitality (Middle School Students)
- Retreats (staff and students in grades 2-8)
- Advent and Lenten Prayer and Reconciliation Services
- Mass Buddies
- Kindergarten Blessing Prayer Service
- Teacher Religion Certification (Continuing Education)
- Professional Development in Catholic Teachings
- School-wide Service Projects (Box of Joy with Cross Catholic-Global)
- Rosary-making Project (4th & 6th) for 1st Communicants and 8th grade graduating students
- Class Church tour and Proper Etiquette
- Class/School Adoration
- Student lector, cantors, readers and gift bearers
- Middle School Servant Club
- Weekly staff prayer group & adoration
- Monthly Parent Prayer Group
- Support with Grandparents day prayer service, Living rosary (5th), All Saints day (1st & 7th), May Crowning (8th), National Day of Prayer (Student Council), 1st Reconciliation and Eucharist, 8th Grade Graduation Mass, Virtus certification
Global Service Project – Box of Joy:
We are proud to be kicking our Global Service Project – Box of Joy. Students will create boxes for children in Latin and South America to send our love and joy this Christmas season.
Here’s a quick video about Box of Joy to give you additional information and the global mission of this project.
You are welcome to begin donating items at Family Fun Night. Please click here for additional information: Box of Joy
Items requested: Box of Joy Lists
Please contact Maria Sison-Abinsay, our Box of Joy Project Leader, for additional information.
(210) 349-1169 ext. 8321
“I pray that he will bestow on you gifts in keeping with the riches of his glory. May he strengthen you inwardly through the working of his spirit. May Christ dwell in your hearts through faith and may charity be the root and foundation of your life.”